This yummy fall salad not only has a nice earthy flavor from the mushrooms and sage but is a nutrition superstar! Besides the already mentioned butternut squash powerhouse, the arugula is a peppery tasting detoxifying leafy green high in vit C, calcium, folate, and iron. Mushrooms, a tasty fungus high in vit D, and cancer-fighting compounds. High-fiber, high-protein, gluten-free, nutty flavored quinoa. Walnuts, packed with essential fatty acids, minerals, and vit E. Pomegranate adds a nice sweetness and high in polyphenols.
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 butternut squash, roasted and chopped
- Sliced mushrooms, sauteed in ghee or extra-virgin olive oil or raw
- Balsamic-pomegranate dressing (see recipe)
- Organic baby arugula
- Parmesan cheese
- Fresh sage
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup pomegranate juice
- 1 teaspoon or more Dijon mustard
- Sea salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
Combine quinoa, veggies, and dressing. Serve on bed of arugula and garnish with walnuts, sage, cheese.